Saturday, July 13, 2013

North Carolina!!!!

The night after our wedding we (Ivy, David and I) left for North Carolina where David is from.  I was very excited but nervous to fly with Ivy, I didn't know how she would react to flying.  She was a first timer and I have only flown a handful of times, all of which have been very short distances.
Luckily Ivy handled herself very well she was nervous at take off, she had daddy and one said and mommy on the other and she was gripping VERY tightly to us!  Thank goodness we took a late flight so she slept most of the way.  I did not sleep much during the first flight which was to Cincinnati, Ohio so David was AWESOME and let me sleep in the airport while he entertained Ivy during our 4 hour layover. 
Here is a photo of the sunrise from the airport (=
When we arrived to the Charlotte airport David's dad came to pick us up.  This was mine and Ivy's first time meeting him.  First thing he told Ivy was by the time she left her favorite color would be green.  It's soooooo green and pretty there (= 
First thing I dad was nap!!!  The weather was chilly and cloudy, my FAV!!!

 goofy girl!!!

We got to see many AWESOME sights!  What a gorgeous place it is!!!


crossing the bridge going to the park
 Ivy found a new buddy!!!! (= Grandpa Bill!!!  I love this picture!
We went to a very pretty nature spot in South Carolina one afternoon.  Didn't stay long because of the weather but it was so nice!
 Turtles!!!



 So PRETTY!!!!

Ivy caught some sweet tadpoles!!!  I think I had more fun catching them (=  We got to put them in a little pond outside of Grandpa's house.
We had a great visit with David's dad!!!  On Saturday we had a reception so David's Mom came in from South Carolina and my parents flew in as well!!!  David's mom brought some gifts for Ivy (=  SOOO sweet!!!
David's dad put a lot of work into this reception and it was VERY nice!!!  tasty food too!!!  
 I got to meet some very nice people (=
 us with Levi and Bill (=
 Mr. Marsh's
 group shot (=


I found out where David got his moves from (;

 Cute cute cake!!!!  Was sooo yummy!!!


David's brother Levi and mom Kendra.  I got to spend some time getting to know her before the reception while I was doing her hair (= Very nice bonding time.
 My mom and dad (=
 Helping uncle Levi DJ


No comments: