Monday, August 12, 2013

Honeymoon NC (=

After our reception in David's home town we brought Ivy to my parents hotel and the next morning we head out to our honeymoon.  It was up in Boon, NC about three hours from David's dads home in Waxhaw.  We didn't get very far before we ran into our first...adventure...haha.  The windshield wipers stopped working randomly on the highway!  We had to drive a few miles in the POURING rain!  David had his head out the window lol (= We found an auto zone.  And David called his dad who walked him step by step through the repair.  The auto zone lady was sooooo helpful!  Let us borrow tools and told David to move the car out of the rain and under the covered area by the front of the store.  This took a looong time but David was a GREAT sport!  He even smiled for a picture for me (= 
 
 
We finally got to Boon, it was a long and difficult drive up to the mountains where we where staying.  It was still pouring!  We decided to call the Bed & Breakfast and about what the rooms had as far and storing & heating food because we would possibly be stuck and unable to drive back into town to buy food later do to the weather.  hey only had a refrigerator so we got milk and stalked up on cold cereal at Walgreens. 
The Bed & Breakfast was soooo cute!  Its called Taylor House Inn and its over 100 years old!  Its run by a really sweet French couple who have been working there about 5 years.  They had LOTS of yummy herbal tea which I took advantage of because it was COLD!  I loooved how cozy it was there even though it was chilly. 
The breakfast was very fancy, almost awkward lol It was yummy though.  Some of the things I just could not stomach, I had some serious morning sickness!  Blek! 
We decided to go see some sites the next morning.  We went out to the car and realized....we locked the keys in the car!  Oh my goodness!  It took David a while and while he was working on getting into the car I was in and out trying to find something to use to prop the door.  I also got sick a few times and ran to our room at least twice!  David's pretty handy!  He got in!!! 
 
Actually this is funny because the first time we hung out one on one was when he added to to Facebook and about 2 weeks later I posted that I had locked my keys in my car and needed a handy person to help!  Later I found out he doubted his break in skills but wanted to hang out with me hahaha.  We started dating shortly after. 
 
ANYWAYS....
 There were some caverns somewhat near by, I think at least 45mins.
 
 
We pulled in only to find out that they were closed!  Prob due to flooding! 
 
 
DARN IT!
 
 
I took a picture of a mini "tree star" I found!!!
 
 
 
There where a couple of other people there and we all walked across the highway to see a tiny but neat looking little water fall (=  It's better than nothing!  HAHA
 

Here is a picture of us outside of the Bed and Breakfast (= 

 
A picture of the main house


Our keys

 
 
We went into Boon a a couple of times, they had some yummy places to eat and some cute shops.  This fancy hat is from a REALLY old old store.  We where trying to find something fun to take home to Ivy.  Sadly we did not buy the hat.  We later found a cute stuffed dear toy that I thought would be fun because when we where driving in NC with Ivy we saw a deer.  We did get some old fashion candy and ginger ale from this store.  The lady asked which ginger ale we got...?...She said medium is good but she prefers the spicy...?...I didn't know they could be spicy!  When we tried it it was actually spicy!  Weird!  I like the burning in my throat because I was nauseous.  Neither of us finished ours lol.  Very bizarre!  


 
I prefer the cold weather over the heat any day but the rain was annoying after a while.  It made it difficult to go out a lot because most of the cool things to do were outside nature related.  We actually ended up buying a portable DVD player and a few movies who does that on their honeymoon!?!?....Don't judge!  HAHA
 
We has a great time!!!  So nice to get away!!!

No comments: